PM Fees Reimbursement Scheme announced officially now check criteria eligibility last date and apply online process guide in Urdu and easy steps. Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme for Less Developed Areas Selected Regions is a scholarship Program for Master, MS/M.Phil and PhD students. Full tuition fee, Registration and Admission fee and other academic related fee, student who meet the eligibility criteria will be paid by the Federal Government through HEC.
As many as 108,036 deserving students of the less developed areas have been paid of Rs. 5 billion by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) through “Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme till June. According to the details of HEC documents here Tuesday, a total of 78,349 Master students, while 25,333 MS, MPhil and 4,354 Phd students from all provinces agencies have been benefited from the scheme. The scheme was initiated in this session for the Masters, MS, M.Phil and Ph.D students of approved less developed areas of 114 districts agencies, including, Balochistan, Gilgit and Baltistan, Azad Jammu & Kashmir, FATA, Interior Sindh and South Punjab. The tuition fee of 108,036 students was reimbursed during the period annually semester wise each years separately. For to arrange this scheme its net expenses worth’s 5 Billion for the 108, 036 students who belong to such backward areas, 114 District are include under this scheme. The amount which is reserved for this scheme is 2.5 Billion from budget.
Financial Coverage of the Scheme
- Actual Tuition Fee (of Masters , MS/MPhil and PhD programs)
- On and Off Mandatory charges which includes Registration Fee/Enrollment Fee, Admission fee (For new admissions only), Examination Fee, Library charges(non-refundable), Laboratory charges, Research related academic activities only.
- Non study related heads like transport fee, hostel fee, Sports fee, Endowment Fund, Equipment Fee, Health Fee or Any Refundable dues will not be paid.
- The Students having valid domicile/local certificate of specified areas under the Scheme
- The students who are enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/MPhil programs in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions, located in the geographical territory of their province/Region/Area
- The students who are enrolled in PhD program in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions anywhere across Pakistan
- Students who are enrolled on self-finance basis or part time basis are ineligible
- If Study period exceeds greater than approved duration under the Scheme, then the student expenditure will not be covered under the scheme
- Not availing any other scholarship under Provincial Government, Foreign donor or any other HEC Program (e.g. Indigenous Program, USAID scholarship etc.)
- Any Bachelors or four years Bachelors Program will not be considered. E.g. LLB, MBBS, B.E, BBA etc.
- The Scheme is only valid for the HEC recognized Public sector degree awarding institutions.
- Such Evening programs where fee structure is greater from the morning shift are excluded from the Scheme
- Such students who have financially benefited under the Scheme at Masters/MPHIL/MS level and applied for same level Program again in different university
Student guidance to Apply and Payment Procedure
- Students who are newly admitted in Public Sector University in Spring/Fall Session (depending upon the university’s admission cycle) are required to apply through online student web portal system i.e. http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/ by the given deadline of HEC
- Newly registered are not required to validate their records.
- The focal person of the university will approve/disapprove ‘Newly Registered’ students by the given deadline of HEC.
- HEC, office will scrutinize the data and look for any discrepancies and ineligible students.
- HEC will ensure payments to the students according to fee structure of the universities and approved heads of the Scheme
- Only approved students meeting the eligibility criteria of the Scheme will receive payment.
- Cheques are issued in the name of VC of respective universities/ financial aid offices. The universities are responsible for the disbursement of cheques to students.
- The process of disbursement is ensured through help desk portal where universities assign assets through helpdesk system.
- Subsequent payments are processed on receipt of satisfactory Fund utilization report from universities.