Applications are invited from eligible male and female Pakistani nationals who have secured admission in top 50 (subject wise) universities of the world. Government of the Punjab is offering Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) for Pakistani students.
Shahbaz Sharif scholarship programme with the collaboration PEEF scholarships offer merit based scholarships for the academic year 2016-2017. 80% scholarships are reserved for science disciplines and 20% of scholarships are reserved for Social Sciences/ Humanities & Art. Duration of Shahbaz Sharif Merit scholarship is 3 years.
Preferences will be given who have Punjab domicile however; a special quota has also been allocated for other provinces also including AJK, Gilgit Baltistan (GB) and FATA. It is golden opportunity for students who fulfill the criteria of Shahbaz Sharif Scholarship they must apply. Here we mention the subject detail and eligibility criteria. Last date of submission application is 15 July 2016.
Subjects areas for PhD program:
- Life Science Medicine
- Engineering Technology
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Art Humanities
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for SSMS:
- Applicant must valid admission offer among st top 50 (subject wise) universities of the world (IQS ranking) in preferred in subject area.
- Not less than 60% marks throughout their academic career.
- Applicant must declared family income (from all sources) is equal or less than Rs. 200,000/
- Age limit at the time of the application should not be more than 35years.
- Applicant is not availing any foreign scholarship in the past
- Applicant must take up the scholarship in a year for which it is offered and the scholarships shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani students, both male and females can apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply:
- Download SSMS application form
- Submit required documents with application:
- Attested copy of CNIC
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials
- Copy of valid admission offer for PhD for fall 2016 intake
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form)
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, and phone)
- Attested copy of domicile
- Copy of previous month’s pay slips (if applicable)
- Three passport size photographs (blue back ground)
- Any other supporting document required to substantiate the facts given in the application form.
Existing faculty members of all public sectors teaching/ educational institutes of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif merit based scholarship for Phd scholarship program.