The DKFZ Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is inviting application from highly talented and motivated young scientist to the German Cancer Research Center. The DKFZ is Germany’s leading Cancer Research Center situated in the biomedical campus of the Heidelberg University in close vicinity to Heidelberg’s city centre. More than 2,000 staff members, including 850 scientists, are engaged in researching the mechanisms of cancer and are working to identify risk factors.
A language test for English is requested for all applicants except those coming from German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), as well as native English speakers from Australia, Canada, Ireland, UK and the USA. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The aim of research at the DKFZ is to unravel basic mechanisms of cancer development and to translate these new insights into novel diagnostic tools and strategies for cancer therapy and prevention. The DKFZ is Germany’s leading Cancer Research Center situated in the biomedical campus of the Heidelberg University in close vicinity to Heidelberg’s city centre.
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- Fellowship is available for pursuing Postdoctoral program.
The DKFZ has strong research programs in the following topics
- Cell Biology and Tumor Biology, Developmental and Stem Cell Biology
- Structural and Functional Genomics, Systems Biology
- Epidemiology, Cancer Risk Factors, Cancer Epigenomics
- Tumor Immunology
- Imaging and Radiology, Medical Physics
- Infection and Cancer, Tumor Virology
- Translational Cancer Research.
- Duration of the scholarship: The fellowships are offered for the duration of two years.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Germany
How to Apply:
The complete application should be submitted as a single PDF file to postdoc-at-dkfz.de.
The following documents should be provided as one single PDF file
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- One-page statement of research interests
- Copy of the latest degree certificate
- Two letters of recommendation
- A list of three division or research groups in which the applicant would like to work should a fellowship be offered. Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders before application to discuss potential projects.
- Applications need to be submitted in English.
Last date of submission application is August 31st, 2016.