CM Punjab Chinese Language Scholarships selection procedure basic eligibility criteria info complete introduction available now for our candidates. To achieve the true objectives of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the Chief Minister of Punjab, Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, sees the dire need for effective communication between the Chinese and Pakistani people. To this end, it has generously allocated funds to send 500 adequately qualified Chinese, domiciled in Punjab, to China to learn the Chinese language.
We intend to prepare a contingent of individuals who can work as interpreters among Pakistani and Chinese individuals, groups or organizations who wish to engage in negotiations on broad-ranging issues of bilateral interest. These people will have the capacity to facilitate an effective and accurate formal communication between a party that speaks Punjabi, Urdu or English and the party that speaks Chinese.
Chief Minister (Punjab) Scheme for Chinese Language Scholarships launched, By virtue of their responsibility, individuals will need a higher level of competence in their primary language as well as in the Chinese language supplemented with a depth and breadth of meaningful knowledge in at least one area of high mutual interest as determined by concentration Current trade / business between the two nations in order to meet the needs of these high-value negotiations.
Selection Procedure and General Information
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Domicile: Any district of Punjab.
- Age: 22-24 years on the last date fixed for application submission.
- Education: Minimum of 14 years of schooling, in any subject, from an accredited institution with at least 1st division (or 3.0/4.0 CGPA) in the Bachelor degree and no 3rd division in the whole career.
- All the candidates need to be medically fit in order to qualify for the award of Scholarship.
- All the candidates are advised to verify / assure that their particulars (Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth etc.) are exactly same on all the documents (Certificates, CNIC, & Passport etc.)
- Provisionally selected awardees will have to attend and successfully complete the language studies (of 2 to 3 weeks) at a local institution.
- After final selection, the awardees will be required to secure admission for Chinese Language Studies at an approved institution in China for a period of up to two years.
- In case the applications received are more than twice the available number of awards, a written test may be conducted to shortlist the candidates. The shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed.
- Those who qualify in locally offered Chinese Language Course will be eligible for the offer of a final award.
- Candidates presently working in Government, Semi Government and Autonomous Bodies must send their applications through proper channel only. Applications submitted without NOC, issued by the competent/appointing authority, shall not be entertained.
- Preference will be given to the applicants belonging to the southern Punjab and those having prior Chinese language ability.
- Applicants are required to apply online and submit a print of the same online application form along with complete bio-data and attested relevant documents in Financial Aid Office (FAO) by December 05, 2016 during office hours.
- Successful completion of studies will mean passing HSK-5 with the score of 210 or above.
- High achievers (A+ & A Grades) are assured of placement on their return to Pakistan.
- High achievers will also be offered continuation of Scholarships to complete 4 years Language Degree Program.
How to Apply
- Create your login account by filling User Registration Form
- Please provide correct information while registration. Registration Information once entered will not be editable except password.
- Please provide valid email address for registration as it will be used for future correspondence with you.
- After login, provide personal information, academic detail and work experience (if any) to complete application.
- Please provide a valid mobile number as this number will be used to contact you in future.
- After completing online application please review it carefully and submit the application.
- Once application form is submitted, you will not be able to edit/change any information provided by you.
- Take a print of the online application form, attach attested copies of following documents
- Matriculation Certificate
- Intermediate Certificate
- Bachelor Transcript and Degree
- Two Passport size photographs
- Chinese Language Diploma/Certificate (if any)
- NOC/Departmental Permission in case of government employee
- Submit above documents to Financial Aid Office (FAO), University of Education, College Road, Township, Lahore, Pakistan by December 05, 2016 during office hours.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: 042-99262221
- Address: Financial Aid Office, University of Education, College Road Township, Lahore, Pakistan.