As in the past year, the scheme is designed as an integrated ecosystem around the laptop instead of distributing “black boxes” students. It provides ecosystem around the laptop hardware for this project consists of several components that will license / 8.1 genuine Windows operating system; Microsoft Office365 software application; training opportunity in Microsoft IT Academy in the respective universities / institutes; Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification voucher, 3G EVO device; and access to the National Digital Library HEC using 3G EVO device.
These aspects bring value not only money but will create synergies with relevant industries and help higher education institutions to provide academic environment of the state of technologically enabled par with higher education institutions in the developed world technique.
Aimed at spreading the use of computers amongst the college/university level students to bring about a technology revolution and bridge the digital divide
Dongles / internet connection would be included in the package
Students registered in HEC approved public sector educational institutions. Full coverage for research oriented courses such as PhD, M.Phl, MS etc masters/doctoral students and under-graduate students will get laptop.Associate Engineer Diploma students in polytechnics will also be included.
For further details visit http://www.hec.gov.pk/laptops
All over Pakistan.
100,000 students per year
Higher Education Commission (HEC)/Ministry of Education and Trainings. To be designed and implemented based on the same pattern and parameters as adopted in the Punjab.
Phase-II (FY: 2014-18):
- Budget Allocations in FY 2014-18: Rs. 21 Billions
- Following PPRA rules, contract for the supply of 200,000 2-in-1 detachable laptops was signed with successful bidder (M/s Haier Electrical Appliances Corp. China) on 12 August 2015.
- As per the contract, 50,000 laptops will be imported while the remaining 150,000 laptops are going to be assembled locally in Pakistan at Haier Industrrial Park, Lahore.
- HEC has informed that 50,000 laptops have been received from China in the godowns of M/s Hier Pakistan.
- Testing of selected samples has been completed satisfactorily, and HEC has started their distribution since 11 May 2016.
Phase-I (FY: 2013-14):
- Budget Allocations in FY 2013-14: Rs. 4.5 Billions
- HEC has so far distributed 93004 laptops to PhD, MPhil/MS, Master’s and bachelor’s students of universities all over Pakistan.
- Haier has set up local assembly unit at Raiwind Road Lahore.
- 1000 laptops have been locally assembled as per the contract.
Prime Minister Laptop Scheme Registration Status Online
Click To Check Your Application Status
How to Check Application Status Prime Minister Laptop Scheme?
- Click the link above.
- Put your University City, University Name, Campus & Department in box appeared in form.
- Click “Filter Result“
- Type your name in “Search” box.
- See your name below and check your status.
Verified: Student record have been confirmed by the concern university focal person.
Asset Issued: Student have already been issued a laptop in previous scheme(s) / Phase(s). In case of any discrepancy, kindly contact your university’s focal person.
Note : For Prime Minister Laptop Scheme students are advised that the appearance of the name in the list populated here does not automatically guarantee an award of a laptop. It is subject to the verification of student’s record, meeting the defined criteria and the Merit list (if applicable, as in the case of 16/ 17-year education).