University of Bradford UK Scholarships just announced for Master and Bachelor level candidates. All interested students can apply for University of Bradford UK Scholarship this season through online as more guide here below.
The University of Bradford UK is inviting application Global Development Scholarships for the academic year 2016-2017. The main aim of the scholarship to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes based at the University of Bradford students must be self funded. You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your result to be able to apply.
You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted. Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
Student from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships such as Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan*, Russia (North Caucasus), Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, United Republic of Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
University of Bradford UK Scholarship 2016-17 Apply Online:
Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme. Following a review of the scholarship scheme, from 6th May 2016 Pakistani students not studying a Masters course in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) can now apply under the main Global Development Scholarship.
Applicant must fulfill the English language requirements to be able to apply for the scholarship. You can take an IELTS or other English test if you are awarded the scholarship. You must already meet the minimum academic entry requirements for your chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship. To be considered for a place on one of the Master’s courses, you will need to have achieved (or be about to achieve) the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (see official website).
You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
Please write as full and detailed a statement as possible. Remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
How to apply
Before you apply for the scholarship, please check that you meet the main eligibility criteria below.
- Have paid £9,000 fees throughout the whole of your undergraduate programme
- Graduated in 2015
- The above 2 criteria mean that you will have started a 3 year degree programme in September 2012.
- Students who received NHS funding for their undergraduate degree will unfortunately not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Be studying a full or part-time Master’s programme (not MBA)
- Be paying their own Master’s fees, Social Work students not in receipt of a Social Work Bursary will be able to apply.
- You do not have to have studied your undergraduate degree at the University of Bradford to qualify for one of the Master’s scholarships.
- Only UK or EU students who meet the Government criteria below are eligible:
- English students who entered undergraduate study at any UK institution from September 2012
- Non-UK EU students who entered undergraduate study at any English institution from September 2012
- Scottish students who entered undergraduate study at any English, Welsh or NI institutions from September 2012
- Northern Irish students who entered undergraduate study at any English, Welsh or Scottish institution from September 2012
Meeting the above eligibility criteria does not guarantee that you will be awarded a scholarship. You will need to complete an application form and these will be judged by our Master’s Scholarship Panel.
Priority will be given to students who:
- are care leavers
- are from low-income backgrounds (in receipt of a maintenance grant during their undergraduate studies, priority will be given to students on full grants)
- have a disability and have been in receipt of Disabled Students Allowances as an undergraduate
- are from an under-represented group on specific courses/in specific Faculties
(However you must meet at least one of the four criteria above)
To apply for a place on one of our Master’s courses please visit our website.
If you have any questions you can contact us at:
- Tel: 01274 236637
- Email: email@example.com