AKU Challenge Scholarship Programme 2017 Eligibility Criteria Last Date Registration Online with requirements and required documents details for apply. Application invited for Aga Khan University to apply for AKU Challenge (Scholarship) Programme scheduled to take place in October 2017. This is a two week residential programme which does not have a tuition fee. The University will pay for boarding and lodging. The programme offers rigorous, intellectually stimulating and developmental co-curricular activities.
There will be opportunities include following functions:
- To enhance literacy skills.
- To improve critical reasoning skills.
- To understand the need for research and spend time in the AKU laboratories with highly qualified University faculty.
- For learning to be proficient with the use of the computer.
- For career guidance to help you chose the ‘right’ career; to meet successful professionals and listen to their stories.
- To learn First Aid.
- To learn to swim and participate in sports.
- To participate in discussions on current affairs.
- To go into low-income areas and understand how you as an individual can make a difference in their lives.
- To tour historical sites in Karachi and Interior Sindh, depending on the security situation.
Candidates studying in the National/Provincial system of education in Pakistan or the Aga Khan University Examination Board Having achieved at least 80% in the SSC examination and Completing HSSC exams in 2018 and Studying in the pre-medical group (biology, chemistry and physics) may apply.
Selection will be based on academic merit with special consideration given to candidates from under-privileged areas of the country. The process of selection will be as follows:
- AKU will accept applications until March 15, 2017.
- Candidates will be screened and shortlisted for eligibility.
- Candidates will be required to write an Aptitude Test on July 8, 2017.
- The Aptitude Test will include components in English, Mathematics at the secondary school level and a component of Science Reasoning.
- Top 100 candidates [50% women] will be shortlisted based on the Aptitude Test.
- Candidates will be interviewed by a panel of two interviewers.
- A total of 44 students will be selected; 22 boys and 22 girls.
- For more information, please call at +92 21 34864410 / 4412 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.